The program complements the IACCM contract and commercial management (CCM) learning and certification programs, and completion of this course counts towards the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards for IACCM certified professionals.
The IACCM Oil and Gas Contracting in Practice program consists of additional modules, also undertaken on-line, through self-paced study supported by mentoring and periodic webinars / conference calls. The content is extensive and demands an appreciation of the end-to-end contracting process as it applies to the Oil and Gas sector. Participants emerge with the ability not only to apply practical lessons to this unique and complex field, but also insight to ask the questions needed to support sound commercial judgment. The program is available for individual applicants, though organizations may elect to enroll a cohort of students and have IACCM facilitate their learning ¬experience.
Equips practitioners with the skills and knowledge they need to implement Oil and Gas practices effectively within organizations. The course encourages a blend of technical capabilities and key behavioral competencies within the specialist field of the energy industry. During the course you will:
- Find answers to questions you have, and to the issues that you do not realize you have!
- Test yourself on the materials as you complete the modules
- Receive Oil and Gas template agreements, white papers, scholarly articles and various other tools
At the end of this course, students will understand:
- How Oil and Gas contracting strategies can enhance your enterprise’s bottom line profits
- The relevant risks and how to contractually manage it
- How to manage your Oil and Gas contracts with greater effectiveness
- How to generate tangible value to your enterprise
Requirements and Examination
Oil and Gas
Basic understanding and application of contracting principles and techniques. Usually in an operational role with regular supervision.
• End of module test: 80%
• Formal Examination – none